Forte Catering Awarded Best Caterer at an Event 2012 | Forte Catering
Published on October 31, 2012 by
Best Events Caterer Award presented at the Savour AustraliaTM Restaurant & Catering HOSTPLUS National Awards for Excellence
SYDNEY, October 31st, 2012: Premium Sydney catering company, Forte Catering and Events, has won the national award for best Events Caterer at the 2012 Savour AustraliaTM Restaurant & Catering HOSTPLUS Awards for Excellence– National Awards, held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on Monday, October 29th, 2012. Having won the category at the Sydney & Surrounds awards in September, Forte emerged victorious at the National Awards ahead of outstanding event catering finalists from Victoria, Western Australia, Queensland, South Australia, the ACT and Northern NSW.
The culmination of winners from nine events held around Australia, with more than 1400 businesses participating in the 2012 program, the National Awards for Excellence are designed to objectively recognise winners for their talent, innovation and commitment, while promoting best practice in the hospitality industry.
Forte Catering & Events was recognised specifically for its work in catering the Chairman’s Farewell, a 200 person event held as part of the 18th Biennale of Sydney in June 2012. Forte was selected as the external caterer for the 2011/2012 event period, catering for multiple events in the lead up to and during the 18th Biennale in various venues around Sydney.
The grazing style event featured three themed food stations dispersed among the event area, with the menu designed by Forte’s Executive Chef, Anthony Sullivan, and comprised of fresh ingredients sourced from the finest Australian providores:
1) The Slider Station allowed guests to build their own mini burger or go with the chef’s suggestions – all served with sweet potato crisps and a choice of chef’s accompaniments. Burgers included:
- Spiced lamb with eggplant kasoundi and cumin yoghurt
- Northern Territory farmed Barramundi with roast tomato and chilli jam, rocket and aioli
- Organic chicken breast with streaky bacon and red pepper and balsamic relish, and
- Grilled haloumi with onion marmalade and jalapeño and tomato salsa
2) The Mushroom and Cold Antipasti Bar saw an array of seasonally available gourmet mushrooms served including slippery jacks, oyster, shiitake, Swiss brown, chestnut, enoki or pine mushrooms, all sautéed to order with black truffle butter and finished with chopped parsley and ground white pepper. Meanwhile, antipasti was sourced from some of the best providores in New South Wales and included:
- Thinly shaved truffle salami & Wagyu beef bresaola
- Pork & fennel sopressa
- Wood fired peppers with melted goats cheese, pinenuts & basil
- Warm sicilian olives with chilli, thyme & garlic
- Smoked eggplant dip with sweet paprika
- Shaved provolone & caramelised pears
- Chickpea, lemon & sesame dip
- Buffalo mozzarella with basil & cashew pesto
Served with traditional garnishes; cornichon & potted mustards
3) The Catalan Paella Station dazzled guests with traditional Spanish theming and festoon lighting. Arroz (rice) was combined with prawns, squid, mussels, chorizo and chicken, infused with saffron and smoked paprika and cooked in a huge 1.2 metre paella pan before being served to guests individually.
“Having won the Sydney Metropolitan Award for Excellence in the same category in 2010, this is the first year we have taken out the national award for Best Caterer at an Event,” said Ross Mitchell, Director of Forte Catering & Events. “Delivering creative event catering solutions for our clients is what we pride ourselves on, so I could not be more thrilled to see our exceptionally hard-working team recognised for their ongoing commitment, passion and dedication,” he said.