A Heart Warming Soup Recipe for Winter Weather
Published on July 22, 2014 by
Forte’s Executive Chef, Anthony Sullivan has done it again with his heart warming winter soup recipe; Green Pea & White Miso Soup. This recipe is great for cold weather, rainy days or if you’re feeling a little under the weather.
Be sure to share photos of your Green Pea & White Miso Soup on our Facebook page if you decide to try it out!
Green Pea & White Miso Soup
- 1 leek, chopped, washed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 potatoes, peeled & diced
- 600gm green peas (frozen are fine)
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1200ml good chicken stock (veg stock is fine if you wish)
- 100gm soft tofu
- Small handful wakame or similar dried Japanese seaweed – (soaked in water until soft)
- Toasted sesame seeds – pinch
- Sesame oil – dash
- Heat the oil in large saucepan, then add leek & cook gently until soft, about 2 minutes
- Add potatoes & cook for 1 – 2 minutes
- Add chicken stock bring to boil, simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked
- Add miso paste, then peas & cook for 2-3 minutes until peas are soft
- Remove from stove & place in blender on high until completely smooth
- Pass soup through a fine sieve
- Pour soup into bowls
- Garnish each with some wakame, a few drops of sesame oil & the toasted sesame seeds
“Happy Cooking.” – Anthony Sullivan, Executive Chef, Forte Catering & Events.